HydroSpeed™ Microplate WasherSource: Tecan
Tecan’s HydroSpeed™ plate washer is for 96 and 384-well formats and provides speed and control for optimized washing of cells, beads and ELISAs.
Based on more than 30 years of experience in automated liquid handling, Tecan understands that advanced plate washing applications require precise control of dispensing and aspiration settings to avoid loss of material and poor reproducibility. With full on-board operation via the easy-to-use touchscreen interface, the HydroSpeed really does offer you power and control for all your cell, bead and ELISA washing applications.
Tecan’s new HydroSpeed plate washer offers:
- Cell Protection™ – Extra gentle cell washing with tuneable wash power for loosely adherent cells
- Anti Clogging™ – Reliable operation through active prevention of needle clogging by automatically rinsing and soaking the wash head when the washer is idle for a user-defined period.
- Dual magnets per well – Protects magnetic beads by settling them away from the needles during aspiration, achieving low residual volumes while maintaining high bead recovery rates
- Full on-board operation – easy-to-use touchscreen interface
- Tested reliability – high quality components ensure smooth operation
- Easy-to-use touchscreen interface allows full on-board operation, eliminating the need for an external PC to define
- New plate assistant function for easy teaching of new plates
- Pre-defined plate library, with typical plate parameter settings for commonly used 96- and 384-well plates, allows rapid set-up of new wash protocols.
- 96 indexing wash head allows HydroSpeed to be used for washing both 96- and 384-well plates, without swapping wash heads
- 96 indexing wash head supports three applications including ELISA washing, extra gentle cell washing and bead washing providing uncompromised wash performance
- The HydroSpeed washer incorporates an array of sensors – such as the plate positioning sensor – to ensure secure and reliable integration into automated platforms for true walkaway processing.
- Integrated pressure-based liquid level detection (p-LLD) system informs operator when waste bottle is full
- p-LLD avoids the risk of blockage common to swimmer-based LLD systems mounted in the waste bottle, increasing safety and eliminating additional cleaning steps
- The HydroSpeed washer is designed to meet the IVD-directive 98/79/EC for Europe, when configured for ELISA washing.
- In combination with HydroControl™ software, it is also designed to meet FDA’s Title 21 CFR part 11.