Twelve Very Special Features Of The New Re-Engineered Bio-Simplex™ CarboySource: Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics
Now from Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics for pharma applications: new Bio-Simplex™ Carboys for advanced liquid handling and solution storage. Saint-Gobain offers four popular sizes of carboys: 5 L, 10 L, 20 L and 40 L manufactured from high quality polypropylene, which is resistant to chemicals and heating up to 275°F (135°C), and allows sterilization for use in pharmaceutical and clinical applications.
- Slender ergonomic body design requires less space in the laboratory. Three of the new Bio-Simplex™ carboys fit in the same footprint of two traditional round carboys.
- Optional EZ Top® container closures are available in fully characterized C-Flex® thermoplastic elastomer or Sani-Tech® platinumcured silicone and provide the aseptic seal needed for biopharmaceutical applications.
- Large top handles for full hand grip allow two people to carry large carboys with ease.
- Molded handholds on the bottom for secure grip when holding and carrying
- All materials are BPA-Free
- Fully autoclavable
- Available with or without leak proof autoclavable spigot
- Visible volume and material markings. Gradation marks are accurate to within +/– 5% accuracy.
- Pinched closures on top handles guarantee no entrapment areas.
- Easy filling by way of wide mouth or EZ Top® closure technology
- Wide mouth for easy cleaning
- New cap design also fits traditional round carboys