Pilgrim Software Attains Safe Harbor Privacy Certification For On Demand Services
Pilgrim Software, Inc., a world-leading provider of Enterprise Risk, Compliance and Quality Management software solutions, recently announced that it has attained Safe Harbor certification from the U.S. Department of Commerce, reflecting its commitment to the privacy of the data hosted in the on-demand environment of its Software as a Service (SaaS) platform.
The U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework is designed to protect the privacy of data received from organizations in the European Union (“EU”). The policy applies to all personal information received from Pilgrim’s customers in the European Union.
“Pilgrim Software is the recognized leader in ‘Quality Compliance,’ and as such, we continuously seek to improve the security, reliability and integrity of all our product and service offerings,” said Thierry Durand, Pilgrim’s Chief Executive Officer.
“In certifying compliance with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework, we validate our ongoing commitment to security, data integrity, privacy and other industry-acknowledged IT best practices. This commitment is why today Pilgrim leads the market in providing cloud-based Quality Management solutions.”
Safe Harbor Principles are designed to prevent accidental information disclosure or loss. The European Commission's Directive on Data Protection went into effect in October 1998, prohibiting the transfer of personal data to non-European Union nations that do not meet the European "adequacy" standard for privacy protection. U.S. companies can opt into the program as long as they adhere to the seven principles outlined in the Directive. These principles must provide:
- Notice - Individuals must be informed that their data is being collected and about how it will be used.
- Choice - Individuals must have the ability to opt out of the collection and forward transfer of the data to third parties.
- Onward Transfer - Transfers of data to third parties may only occur to other organizations that follow adequate data protection principles.
- Security - Reasonable efforts must be made to prevent loss of collected information.
- Data Integrity - Data must be relevant and reliable for the purpose it was collected for.
- Access - Individuals must be able to access information held about them, and correct or delete it if it is inaccurate.
- Enforcement - There must be effective means of enforcing these rules.
Information regarding Pilgrim’s Safe Harbor certification can be found on the U.S. Department of Commerce U.S.-EU Safe Harbor List. For more information, visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
About Pilgrim Software, Inc.
Pilgrim Software, Inc. is a world-leading provider of Enterprise Risk, Compliance and Quality Management solutions for global organizations. Through its integrated platform, Pilgrim helps organizations manage industry and regulatory compliance, address potential risks, reduce manufacturing costs and improve customer satisfaction. Pilgrim was named North American Enterprise Compliance & Quality Management Company of the Year – Best Practices by Frost & Sullivan, and winner of its North American Best-In-Class Customer Value Enhancement Award in the Enterprise Risk, Compliance and Quality Management Market for the Life Sciences Industry. Pilgrim is a portfolio company of Boston-based private equity firm Riverside Partners LLC. For more information, visit www.riversidepartners.com and www.pilgrimsoftware.com.
SOURCE: Pilgrim Software Inc.