Mustang® XT Acrodisc® Ion Exchange Chromatography UnitsSource: Pall Life Sciences - BioPharmaceuticals
Mustang XT Acrodisc units, available in Q and S chemistries, are ideal for scale-down process development work in a variety of downstream process applications.
Mustang XT Acrodisc units, available in Q and S chemistries, are ideal for scale-down process development work in a variety of downstream process applications. A membrane volume of < 1 mL reduces the amount of sample required for evaluation, and the female luer lock inlet and outlet simplifies connection to typical low pressure chromatography systems. The open pore structure eliminates diffusion limitations of conventional macroporous sorbents, allowing biomolecules to access all binding sites by convective flow. In addition, the large pores eliminate the size exclusion effect allowing full access to the binding chemistry for very large proteins, plasmids and viruses.
Disposable Membrane Chromatography Units for Scale-down Process Development
- Fast, easy-to-use, scale-down Mustang membrane unit facilitates process development work.
- Device volume of < 1 mL minimizes sample volume requirements.
- 16 layers of Mustang membrane allows easy scale-up to Mustang membrane pilot- and process-scale capsules.
- Units achieve flow rates of up to 10 membrane volumes per minute (MV) without affecting performance.
- Female luer lock inlet and outlet simplifies use with typical low pressure chromatography systems.
- Disposable 25 mm units.
- Available in Q and S chemistries.
Typical Applications for Mustang Membrane Chromatography Include:
- Contaminant removal of host cell protein, virus, DNA and endotoxin
- Plasmid, virus, protein capture and oligonucleotide purification
- Column guard to enhance selectivity of subsequent chromatographic steps