Kleenpak™ Sterile DisconnectorSource: Pall Life Sciences - BioPharmaceuticals
Kleenpak sterile disconnectors provide an easy and secure method for the permanent disconnection of flexible tubing while maintaining fluid path sterility even in uncontrolled environments.
The Kleenpak sterile disconnector provides an easy to use, secure method for the sterile disconnection of flexible tubing assemblies, even in an uncontrolled environment. It can also be used in processes involving single-use systems as well as hybrid systems. The disconnector maintains sterility of the fluid path before and after disconnection.
The Kleenpak sterile disconnector brings a major improvement to single-use technology in aseptic processing. It can be used at all stages of the process, but will be particularly valuable in upstream and formulation & filling, where both ease of use and sterility assurance are critical. Pall Life Sciences can engineer and manufacture state-of-the-art Allegro™ single-use systems with Kleenpak sterile disconnectors for all these critical applications.
- Disconnection after transfer of inocula to fermentors or bioreactors
- Disconnection after sampling
- Disconnection of small sterile equipment from large equipment (e.g. bioreactors)
- Disconnection while handling bulk material in a non sterile environment
- Disconnection from tank to filling line
- Disconnection from a disposable system
Kleenpak disconnector benefits:
- Disconnection can be performed in non controlled environment without compromising the sterility of fluid path
- No capital equipment required
- Disconnection is performed in seconds
- Easy to make disconnection – even in cramped environments
- Microbial control or sterilization by autoclave or gamma irradiation
- Activation enables a sterile separation.
- Locking mechanism prevents incorrect disassembly
- Secure permanent disconnection security – cannot be reconnected
- No flow restrictions as a result of using of the Kleenpak sterile disconnector