Immediate-Release TabletsSource: Patheon Inc.
Patheon has transformed an exceptional number of complex new chemical entities into immediate-release tablet products, helping customers to accomplish stabilization and take advantage of the most popular and low-cost dose form.
We streamline the path from early development all the way through commercial production. For example, we can help you achieve proof of concept with a powder-filled capsule, then make a rapid transfer to immediate-release tablet with the minimal formulation changes to keep your project moving forward quickly.
Through Patheon you'll have access to the widest range of formulation methods and technologies in many immediate-release tablet dose formats, each in a variety of shapes and sizes:
- Coated and Uncoated Tablets
- Multilayer Tablets
- Fast Dispersible Tablets
- Bilayer Chewable Tablets
- Sublingual Tablets
Multilayer tablets are an effective way to offer fixed-dose combinations in a single, convenient dose.
- Bilayer Tablet Combination of two APIs, or an immediate-release layer and controlled-release layer, in a single tablet.
- Trilayer Tablet Combination of two APIs, or an immediate-release layer and controlled-release layer, separated by a middle placebo layer in a single tablet.
- Improved Patient Compliance Simplifies management for chronic diseases by combining complimentary medications and reducing the total number of pills a patient needs to take.
- Better Efficacy Synergistic combinations and mechanisms to improve ADME and drug resistance.
- Simplified and Cost-Effective Handling and Distribution Especially for HIV medications.
- Effective Life Cycle Management Strategy New products from proven molecules, patent and market exclusivity, may also extend patent exclusivity.
Patheon has the expertise and the technical resources to take you from preformulation to commercial supply, even if your drug has proven to be difficult to formulate, Patheon's scientists have the expertise to get you past these challenges to formulate a high-quality, reliably performing pharmaceutical product.
Fast Dispersible Tablets
Fast dispersible tablets are designed to disintegrate quickly in the mouth or disperse in a spoonful of water to become a suspension. They are also divided into two or four parts for easy dose titration, and taste masked for patient compliance for the following applications:
- Pediatric Taste masked and easily divided for dose titration based on age and weight of the child
- Geriatric Easy dosage that dissolves in mouth with a pleasant taste-masked flavor
- Sublingual or Buccal Faster release and absorption through the oral mucosa with a rapid onset of action, or controlled release bypassing gastric degradation or entero-hepatic recirculation
Fast Dispersible Benefits:
- Drug Loading Low or high dose, and their impact on dispersion
- API Properties Density, solubility, wettability, compressibility, taste and mouth feel
- Granulation Wet and dry granulation, flowability, and excipient selection
- Performance Chemical stability, dispersion/disintegration time, particle size distribution, balancing hardness and friability vs. disintegration
- Excipient Selection Chemical and organoleptic stability, manufacturability, and flavor development
- Taste Masking Alliance with Senopsys for assessment and optimization, and use of non-proprietary processes
Moisture Sensitivity Controlling humidity during processing and packaging