HyperCel STAR AX Chromatography SorbentSource: Pall Life Sciences - BioPharmaceuticals
HyperCel STAR AX sorbent is composed of a rigid cellulose matrix that has excellent flow properties and generates low backpressure, compatible with the needs of manufacturing-scale protein production. The sorbent is available in a variety of packaging configurations as well as convenient 1 mL and 5 mL PRC prepacked columns designed for fast method optimization, selectivity screening or small preparative work. HyperCel STAR AX sorbent is supplied as a slurry/suspension in 1 M NaCl containing 20% (v/v) ethanol or as a moist cake for process-scale applications (the moist cake sorbent facilitates the sorbent transfer, avoiding the agitation and suspension of large material volumes).
HyperCel STAR AX sorbent is an industry-scalable anion exchange chromatography sorbent designed for high productivity protein capture at moderate or higher salt conductivity (2 to 15 mS/cm), typical of undiluted biological feedstocks (i.e., mammalian cell culture supernatants, E. coli feedstock, plasma, others…).
Applications include direct capture of recombinant proteins, monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies, plasma derivatives or other biopharmaceuticals.
Due to its ability to capture directly proteins from undiluted feedstreams, HyperCel STAR AX sorbent can also be used for early contaminant removal (i.e., CHO Host Cell Proteins), before target purification, i.e., before MAb capture by a Protein A affinity step.
HyperCel STAR AX sorbent is manufactured at large scale and meets the needs of industrial users and regulatory authorities. A Regulatory Support File (RSF) is available to assist users in the development of validation procedures. This sorbent offers:
- High dynamic binding capacity (DBC) at short residence time (2 minutes or lower)
- Direct capture of protein from undiluted feedstock at moderate or high conductivity
- Excellent flow rate properties for fast feedstock processing
- Distinctive selectivity, consistent in a broad conductivity range (2 – 15 mS/cm)
- Enhanced process economics
Features And Benefits:
- High Dynamic Binding Capacity in Broad Conductivity Operating Conditions: Avoids Feedstock Dilution and Streamlines Downstream Processing
- Excellent Selectivity and Separation Efficiency over a Broad Range of Conductivities
- Application 1. Direct Capture of Albumin from Undiluted Plasma
- Application 2. Early Removal of CHOPs before Protein A Capture of a Monoclonal Antibody (MAb)