HiScreen Prepacked ColumnsSource: GE Healthcare Life Sciences
For method development, the HiScreen prepacked column range is recommended due to the 10 cm bed length and small bed volume. They are convenient to use and give reproducible results.
HiScreen columns are prepacked with many different BioProcess media designed for method optimization and parameter screening in process development. The10 cm bed height makes it possible to perform scalable experiments at relevant fluid velocities.
The HiScreen columns are part of the process development platform available from GE Healthcare. All media prepacked in HiScreen columns are available in different formats and bulk packs, for all scales, from development work and pilot studies to routine production.
The volume of the HiScreen column is small, 4.7 mL, which reduces costs by decreasing sample and buffer consumption. The 10 cm bed height of these prepacked columns makes them a good choice for method optimization and parameter screening (e.g., selectivity, capacity, binding and elution conditions) and following
scale-up. If possible, two columns can be connected in series to give a bed height of 20 cm.
For method development, the HiScreen prepacked column range is recommended due to the 10 cm bed length and small bed volume. If a 20 cm bed length is preferred, two HiScreen columns can easily be connected in series. They are convenient to use and give reproducible results.
HiScreen columns benefits:
- Designed for method optimization and parameter screening
- Easy connection in series to achieve 20 cm bed height
- Convenient and time-saving due to prepacked format
- Small column volume gives fast results and minimal sample/buffer consumption
- Reproducible results comparable to BioProcess scale columns packed with the same media as the same linear fluid velocity can be used