Emflon® PFR Membrane In Mini Kleenpak™ CapsulesSource: Pall Life Sciences - BioPharmaceuticals
Pall Mini Kleenpak capsules with Emflon® PFR media are designed for air filtration and vent applications where the use of a filter of small size and low weight is critical. Having a surface area of 280 cm², each Mini Kleenpak capsule filter contains a proprietary high performance PTFE membrane which is inherently hydrophobic and chemically resistant. This membrane is designed to remove bacteria, viruses and particles from air and gas streams, even in the presence of humidity and moisture. The same membrane is used in other Emflon PFR capsules and cartridges, allowing scale up from development to production.
These filters have an absolute rating of 0.2 _m in liquid based on microbial retention.
- Small, lightweight pleated membrane capsule filter (280 cm² [0.3 ft²] filter area)
- Highly retentive Emflon PFR membrane
- High flow rates associated to low Delta P enables the use of small filters – reducing installation and operating costs
- High resistance to autoclaving cycles and long filter life – reducing filtration costs
- Integrity testable using the Forward Flow test
- Choice of connection options for enhanced flexibility
- Ease of venting with newly designed valve