DSC Takes Active Role In Efforts To Ensure Pharmaceutical Security And Integrity
DSC Logistics is one of two supply chain management companies working with manufacturers, wholesale distributors and pharmacies to improve regulations surrounding the distribution of pharmaceutical products. The Pharmaceutical Distribution Security Alliance (PDSA) began meeting late spring 2012 with the goal of formulating a uniform federal policy that would ensure patient access to safe medicines.
According to Dave Bode, DSC’s vice president, Health Care Solutions, “This effort is moving forward in a spirit of cooperation and with a sense of shared commitment. Each of the member companies brings a valuable perspective on the many challenges facing those who manufacture and distribute pharmaceuticals.” DSC Logistics’ experience as a supply chain partner to medical device and pharmaceutical companies dates back more than two decades.
Goals of the PDSA recommendations include
• Increasing patient access to safe medicines
• Replacing the patchwork of inconsistent and inefficient state laws
• Improving security of the Drug Distribution System
• Aiding State and Federal agencies in tracing the distribution history of suspect products
• Increasing efficiency through the pharmaceutical distribution system
SOURCE: DSC Logistics