Tech Note: Culturing Primary Chick Embryo Cells On A Thermo Scientific Nunc Nunclon Cell Culture Treated SurfaceSource: Thermo Scientific Nalgene and Nunc
Thermo Scientific Nunc Nunclon cell culture products are tested for cell growth and plating efficiency using several different cell lines.
Nunc™ Nunclon™ products are tested with two cell lines L929, HEL 299 or F2002 and one Primary Chick Embryo (PCE) cell culture for monolayer formation, plus cell line V79-4 for cloning efficiency.
Primary Chick Embryo cells are used to assess primary cell growth. This Tech Note describes a procedure for culturing cells isolated from chick embryos on a Nunclon treated surface.
Materials and Methods
- Fertile eggs (10 to 12 day gestation)
- Minimum Essential Medium Eagle (MEM)
- Bovine Calf Serum (BCS), iron supplemented or Newborn Calf Serum (NCS)
- L-Glutamine, 200 mm
- Non-essential Amino Acids (NEAA), 100X
- Dulbecco’s Phosphate Buffered Saline, 1X (without Ca2+ or Mg2+)
- Trypsin Solution, 1X
- Antibiotic/Antimycotic Solution, 100X
- Crystal Violet or Methyl Violet, 0.1-0.4% in aqueous alcohol solution
- Reference lot