Capto L: Affinity Chromatography MediumSource: GE Healthcare Life Sciences
Capto L is an affinity chromatography medium for the process-scale capture of a broad range of antibodies and antibody fragments.
Capto L is an affinity chromatography medium for the process-scale capture of a broad range of antibodies and antibody fragments. It combines a rigid, high-flow agarose matrix with the immunoglobulin-binding protein L ligand. Capto L is therefore suitable for capture of a wide range of antibody fragments such as Fabs, single-chain variable fragments (scFv), and domain antibodies (dAbs, in addition to binding all classes of Ig (IgG, IgM, IgA, IgE and IgD).
Key performance characteristics of Capto L include:
- High selectivity for kappa light chain allows efficient capture of a broad selection of antibodies and antibody fragments
- High dynamic binding capacity reduces process time and amount of chromatography medium used
- Allows platform approach to the purification of antibody fragments containing the kappa light chain
- High-flow agarose matrix increases productivity, economy, and process design flexibility
- Low ligand leakage increases antibody fragment purity and productivity
- Flexible formats (e.g., PreDictor plates and prepacked columns) speed the screening and optimization of binding/elution conditions.
Purification conditions are broadly similar for many antibody fragments containing the kappa light chain, and can easily be modified to match the specific properties of individual target molecules. This will result in significant
savings in costs, effort and time during process development. Gains can also be won in manufacturing since the
high selectivity of affinity capture will help reduce number of subsequent polishing steps as compared to other,
less selective purification media.