PharmaGrade MSX DatasheetSource: SAFC
PharmaGrade MSX is your secure alternative when producing expensive and sensitive cell banks, as well as the manufacture of therapeutic proteins and monoclonal antibodies.
l-Methionine sulfoximine (MSX) is diastereoisomer of l-methionine SR-sulfoximine that inhibits glutamine synthetase. It is used in cell culture applications as an inhibitor and a selection agent, to develop growth of cell culture lines with certain attributes. PharmaGrade MSX effectively prevents additional enzyme activity in Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cell lines with supplemental Glutamine Synthase (GS). SAFC’s PharmaGrade MSX is a GMP-grade product made under IPEC (International Pharmaceutical Excipient Council) guidelines for use in biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
SAFC’s MSX shows excellent cell culture performance, as well as superior quality and supply chain security.
- Consistent and controlled processes: compliant to GMP or SAFC Elite grade
- Supply Chain transparency
- Formal manufacturer qualification
- QA review and release of every lot
- Change control
- Quality/regulatory support documentation in a readily-available format