Excellence In Medical Device Technologies Recognized At Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Awards Banquet
Palo Alto, CA - Frost & Sullivan honored companies for innovation and leadership at the 4th annual Frost & Sullivan Excellence in Medical Device Technologies Awards Banquet held recently in San Francisco, California.
The Awards recognized companies that are predicted to encourage significant growth in their industries, have identified emerging trends before they became the standard in the marketplace, and have created advanced technologies that will catalyze medical device industries in the near future.
The gala Awards event was in conjunction with Frost & Sullivan’s 12th Annual Medical Devices Executive MindXchange, and was sponsored by MSC Malaysia. MSC Malaysia is a national initiative spearheaded by the Malaysian Government to promote both the national ICT industry and provide a test-bed for the global ICT industry.
In his opening remarks, Frost & Sullivan Chairman David Frigstad spoke of the importance of recognizing excellence in medical device technologies. “The company’s that are receiving these Awards create technologies that improve global health. We are honored to recognize these contributions and inspire them to continue to develop such innovations.”
Awarded companies included:
- A&D Medical - 2007 North American Blood Pressure Monitoring Excellence in Technology of the Year Award
- Advanced Imaging Technologies - 2007 Ultrasound Imaging Technologies Technology Innovation of the Year Award
- Advanced Research Technologies, Inc. - 2007 North American Optical Imaging Devices Product Innovation of the Year Award
- Aesculap Academy GmbH - 2007 Global Medical Professional Education Institution of the Year Award
- Agfa HealthCare - 2007 North American Medical Informatics Competitive Strategy Leadership of the Year Award
- Axela Biosensors, Inc. - 2007 North American Protein Assays Product Innovation of the Year Award
- Cisco Healthcare - 2007 North American Medical Informatics Brand Development Strategy Leadership OTY Award
- GE Healthcare - 2007 North American Patient Monitoring Best Customer Value of the Year Award
- Hospira – Christopher Begley - 2007 United States Medical Devices CEO of the Year Award
- Pilgrim Software - 2007 North American Enterprise Compliance & Quality Management Company of the Year Award
- Raytel Cardiac Services - 2007 United States Cardiovascular Enabling Technology of the Year Award
- Tornier – 2007 US Orthopedics Product Innovation of the Year Award
Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Awards recognize companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis, and extensive secondary research in order to identify best practices in the industry.
SOURCE: Frost & Sullivan